BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT
Buttock Lift (Fat Transfer to Buttock).
A Brazilian Butt Lift is an option by liposuction of fat from somewhere on your body where you don’t want it (typically the stomach and sides) and the injection of the collected fat back into the buttocks or hips.
Augmenting your buttocks with your own body fat, and because the fat is from your own body, there is little chance of infection or rejection.
Generally, after three months, the fat that has not been absorbed by the body will remain permanently in the bum.
Brazilian butt lift techniques have improved over time, so that fat survival rates of 80% are now possible when using the most advanced fat filtration and fat grafting techniques.
YOUR SURGICAL JOURNEY
BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your surgery.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed.
- Standardized photographs will be taken with your consent before your surgery.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDS (e.g. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 1 week prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery.
- Most patients are able to go home on the same day.
- Mr. Oudit will see you before your surgery. If you have any further questions you would like to ask him prior to the operation, he would be most delighted to answer these for you.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your dignity all the time.
AFTER THE OPERATION
- You will be likely to be discharged the day after your surgery. Mr. Oudit will see you one week after to inspect the wounds and then again at 2 or 3 weeks.
- There may be swelling immediately after the procedure as well as some bruising. Swelling and bruising will subside within a week or two.
- Overall patients experience only moderate discomfort after fat grafting. After the swelling goes down, in a week or two, you will have a clearer idea of the degree to which the buttocks have been enlarged.
- It will take up to 3 months to tell how much fat has survived from the procedure, and, therefore,how much fat will remain permanently.
- Surgery Time: 90 – 150 mins
- Anaesthetic: General Anaesthetic (GA)
- Hospital Stay: Day case or 1 night
- Time off work: 1 weeks
- Exercise: After 6 weeks