Eyelid surgery Manchester
Eyelid (Blepharoplasty) Surgery in Manchester is carried out at Deemesh Oudit’s Plastic Surgery in the heart of Manchester. It is an operation designed to revive eyelid area and enhances overall appearance. Eyelid Surgery is also known as “double eyelid surgery“, refers to surgery designed to place a pretarsal crease in Asian eyes that are absent a fold. Patients typically desire to look more bright-eyed and want to make applying eyeliner easier. Patients also seek to remove the puffy and tired look associated with a fatty upper lid.
This applies to upper eyelids. This often results in an ‘aged’ appearance and the eyes appear ‘tired’.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM EYELID SURGERY MANCHESTER (BLEPHAROPLASTY)
People who have:
- Excessive skin on the upper eyelid
- Eyelid without a crease (Single eyelid or Monolid)
- Excessive pockets of fat in the upper eyelids
YOUR EYELID SURGICAL JOURNEY
BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your surgery.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed.
- Standard photographs will be taken with your consent.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDS (e.g. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop smoking 2 – 4 weeks prior to your operation to help reduce the risk of wound healing problems.
DAY OF THE OPERATION
- You will be seen by Mr. Oudit in the morning of your surgery and he will have a chat with you. If you have any questions, he will be most willing to answer them. He will then place some marks on your face prior to the surgery.
- Your surgery will be performed under a general anesthetic which will be carried out by an experienced anesthetist.
- About 30-45 minutes prior to your operation you will picked up by friendly staff members and brought to the operating theatre suite.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your dignity.
AFTER YOUR OPERATION
You will be able to drink and eat and mobilize after few hours and go home same day. The vast majority of patients are delighted with the surgery; however common issues such as swelling, dry/watery eye are usually temporary.
- It is not unusual for you experience swelling, bruising and sensitivity to light followingthis operation. It does get progressively better.
- You are advised to lie with your head elevated on at least 2 pillow height after the 1-2 weeks and to refrain from strenuous exercises for up to 6 weeks.
- Oudit will then see you 1 week after your operation and then at 6 weeks and 3months post-operatively.
- Operating Time: 60-90 mins for upper eyelids
- Anaesthetic: Local Anesthesia (LA)
- Hospital Stay: Day case
- Time off work: 2 weeks
- Exercise: After 6 weeks