As we get older the skin loses its elasticity and the muscles become slack to a degree. In addition to this, other factors such as the cumulative effects of sun exposure and gravity lead to ‘aging’ of the face. Face-lift surgery is the ultimate facial rejuvenation procedure. It is a combination of delicate art and science. There are different types of face-lifts. They come in ‘small’, ‘medium’ and ‘large’ depending on the degree of laxity and the appropriate technique suitable for you will be discussed at the consultation.
Facelift Surgery in Manchester is a procedure designed to revive the face to give a more youthful appearance. Dr. Deemesh Oudit in Manchester offers facelifts treatments to enhance appearance.If your neck and face have begun to drop its charm but your bone structure is strong then facelift surgery is appropriate for people who are even in their seventies. After facelift surgery, you look younger; as a result, it may enhance your self-esteem and confidence. Facelift surgery also consists of improvement in the cheek, fold and jowl.
After carrying out facelift surgery, you certainly will look better, however as time will go by your face will continue to age, and at that point you may want to repeat the procedures after about 5 to 10 years. However, even if you do not go for another surgery results of first one will last very long.
A face-lift procedure may be combined with blepharoplasty ( eyelid surgery or Abdominoplasty Surgery in Manchester), brow lift, lip enhancement and/or chin implants to achieve a more rejuvenated appearance.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM A FACELIFT SURGERY?
You are likely to benefit from a face-lift if you have ‘saggy’ skin over the face and neck with a tired facial appearance The aim of a face-lift is correct this without making it very obvious but instead, you should look younger and more cheerful.
FACELIFT SURGERY PROCEDURE
1. BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your Facelift Surgery in Manchester.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed.
- Standardised photographs will be taken with your consent. You will play an active role in the selection of the right implant for yourself.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDs (eg. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop smoking 2 – 4 weeks prior to your operation tohelp reduce the risk of wound healing problems.
2. DAY OF THE OPERATION
- You will be seen by Mr. Oudit on the morning of your surgery and he will have a chat with you. If you have any questions, he will be most willing to answer them. He will then place some marks on your face prior to the surgery.
- Your Facelift surgery in Manchester will be performed under a general anesthetic which will be carried out by an experienced anesthetist.
- About 30-45 minutes prior to your operation you will pick up by friendly staff members and brought to the operating theatre suite.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your dignity at all times.
- At the end of the operation, you will have a bulky dressing placed around your face, to minimize bruising and swelling, and you will be taken back to the ward.
3. AFTER YOUR OPERATION
- The day after your operation, the bulky dressing will be removed and the wounds inspected. You will then be fitted with an elastic head bandage dressing. This is worn around the clock for the next 4 days and at nights for a further week.
- You are advised to lie with your head elevated on 2 pillow height for at least 2 weeks.
- Mr. Oudit will then see you 1 week after your operation and then at 6weeks and 3 months postoperatively.
- OPERATING TIME: 2 hrs
- ANAESTHETIC: General Anaesthetic
- HOSPITAL STAY: 1 night
- TIME OFF WORK: 2 – 4 weeks
- TIME BEFORE EXERCISING: 6 weeks
Are you looking for cosmetic surgery in Manchester or North West of UK? At Dr. Deemesh’s Clinic, we offer cosmetic procedures ranging from non- surgical to surgical with highly experienced consultant Mr. Oudit. Most people want to go for surgeries such as facelift, breast enlargement and abdominal plastic procedures in Manchester but they struggle to take the decision as to whom and where to get that done from? Indeed they are absolutely right to be critical in choosing their surgeon and clinics. That’s why we believe it is so important for us to offer all the information about cosmetic surgeries in Manchester. Read More
I am a highly experienced and fully-qualified plastic, aesthetic and
reconstructive surgeon, also being on the GMC specialist register for Plastic Surgery. I work in both the public and private health sectors with an NHS post at The Christie Hospital in Manchester as a lead of plastic surgeon consultant and also perform the role of Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester for teaching and research activity for the field of Plastic Surgery. Read More