Mona Lisa Touch
What is Mona Lisa Touch?
MonaLisa Touch® is a clinical solution and not a cosmetic procedure and is the ideal treatment for women who are unsuitable for, non-responsive to, or who simply do not wish to engage with pharmaceutical intervention to alleviate these symptoms. A unique vaginal probe is used to deliver laser energy to the vaginal wall tissue. The laser stimulates the production of collagen restoring the proper balance to the mucous membrane and alleviating the effects of vaginal atrophy 3 treatments of just 5-10 minutes each is required over 18 weeks, 6 weeks apart A subsequent annual treatment may be required No sedation or anaesthetic is usually required
Newly available in the UK, the MonaLisa Touch has been used on >15,000 patients. The fractional CO2 laser is a well-characterized energy source invented in 1964 and with many years of use in aesthetic medicine. Clinical assessments of the procedure itself have been published in the peer-reviewed literature. Physicians are calling the MonaLisa Touch procedure “game changing” as there are currently limited treatment options for restoring gynaecologic health. Patients have stated that Mona Lisa
Touch is a “life changing” procedure, and they feel almost immediate results after the first of the three recommended treatments.
Who is suitable for the treatment?
MonaLisa Touch® is a clinical solution and not a cosmetic procedure. In general, all women who have vaginal disorders such as dryness, burning and itching can benefit from this treatment. However, all patients would
require an appropriate clinical assessment by our specialists to rule out other causes for the presenting symptoms.
- Postmenopausal women who do not wish to take Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).
- Women who tried HRT but did not find relief for vaginal dryness.
- Women who cannot have HRT, for instance, women who have been treated for breast cancer.
- Peri-menopausal women (women in their late forties) who have been troubled by vaginal dryness but do not want
to take HRT.
- Women who have had chemotherapy for cancer, pelvic radiation therapy for cancer and women who have had
hormonal treatment following breast cancer.
- Women who have tried other treatments with no success.
- Pregnancy and vaginal delivery can lead to trauma and stretching, which can result in loss of vaginal tightness.
- Vaginal laxity is more likely to occur when bearing more than one child, having a large baby, undergoing forceps
delivery and normal aging.
What can I expect after treatment?
There may be slight localised discomfort following the treatment that may last for the first few days after the session however, you would be expected to resume your normal routine after one to three days. It is usually recommended that you have three to four days of rest before resuming regular sexual activity. Your Consultant will give you specific advice to help a speedy recovery. Many women report relief from symptoms after the very first treatment and even greater improvement after treatments 2 and 3, one yearly treatment is recommended to maintain the benefit and provide longer term relief from symptoms
How to book it?
- A GP referral is not required to access this treatment.
For further information or to book your initial consultation, contact our Private Patients Office on 0161 989 1234.
One of our advisers will discuss whether you are suitable for treatment, and arrange an appointment with our clinical
specialist who will assess your condition and discuss treatment with you.