As we age skin loses its elasticity and succumbs to the effects of gravity. This may result in a saggy segment of skin on the legs.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIGH LIFT?
- To help create a more proportionate figure and hence make clothes buying much more enjoyable
- To be able to wear clothes that are more figure revealing and the ability to wear a greater variety of clothes
- To feel more youthful and improve the appearance of the skin
- To improve the body contour when seen through tight fitting clothes
YOUR SURGICAL JOURNEY
BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your surgery.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed.
- Standardized photographs will be taken with your consent before your surgery.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDS (e.g. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 1 week prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery.
- Mr. Oudit will see you before your surgery. If you have any further questions you would like to ask him prior to the operation, he would be most delighted to answer these for you.
- About 30-45 minutes prior to your operation you will picked up by friendly staff members and brought to the operating theatre suite.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your dignity all the time.
AFTER THE OPERATION
- You will be likely to be discharged the day after your surgery. Mr. Oudit will see you one week after to inspect the wounds and then again at 2-3 weeks.
- You should avoid any strenuous exercises for 6 weeks.
- Although the wound will usually heal by the week, it will take about 3 months for the tissues tosettle down to appreciate the final result.
- Surgery Time: 150 – 180 mins
- Anaesthetic: General Anaethetic (GA)
- Hospital Stay: 1 night
- Exercise: After 6 weeks